Friday 12 March 2010

The Princess And The Pea

This one fairytale always had a special place in my heart...I love how she was so persnickety as to notice the little pea in the first place...

The Princess And The Pea, acrylics on canvas, 5 x 7 in.



I must admit to being as persnickety myself (though not regarding peas camouflaged under layers and layers of bedding). I have been know to pay extreme attention to details in an often irritating way...I guess it goes hand in hand with being a Virgo...:)
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Persnickety goodness! a girl after my own heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wonder I like you...I'm a fellow Virgo! Love your little princess ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well she was a princess after all and a princess is supposed to be a delicate flower and very sensitive. Poor thing she tossed and turned all night and felt like she was sleeping on rocks, all because of a tiny pea that the queen placed beneath a stack of 20 mattresses. But she proved that she was indeed a princess worthy of marring the prince.
    And your adorable new creation looks very much the princess herself.

    ReplyDelete