Monday 7 September 2009

A New Print, The Beginnings Of A New Collection and Goodbye Gifts From Friends...

The time has finally come...We are flying out to the UK tomorrow morning, and I can say that I am pretty exhausted from all the packing, taking care of last minute things, and the-saying-of- goodbyes... But it is exhaustion of the best kind, at least for me, and I like to think of it as part of new exciting beginnings and wonderful prospects.
We had a going-away small party this Saturday, and my friends brought me my favorite kind of gift:

The two in the back are graphic novels, but you will have to wait for us to be in our new home (where our scanner will be come Wednesday morning) for more detailed views!

my mom got me this for my birthday, which is on the 11th, but seeing as we are not going to be here...

I had seen this pendant by Svarovski about 3 years ago, but it was sold out when I was able to get one...Furthermore, it has been discontinued, so the fact that she went into such lengths to be able to get one for me brought tears to my eyes when I opened it...

Now on to the wee shop-

The original sold this morning, so its print is now available:

The Outcast Print




And I thought I 'd share a new painting:

Head In The Clouds, acrylics on canvas, 10 x 12 in.



It is the first in my new collection, which will be called Fleeting Beauties, and will be about all those little everyday wonders that sometimes elude us, that dance before our eyes daring us to look closer, and that flicker beautifully for mere seconds before they are gone forever...

And with that, I leave you for now!
When we meet again next, it will be from the beautiful UK!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. So the moment has come eh! I wish you a good trip and I hope this change will be very positive for you two! ;O)

    Head in the Clouds is adorable, I love her hair, face, everything, really beautiful...

    (Also, thank you a lot for you nice comment in the Down and Out Chc Blog ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay,you're coming to the uk.good luck with your long journey over! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so out of the loop...where are you moving from and to where??? Love the new theme of paintings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil Gaiman is in London. Go give him a kiss for me. Muah. LOL
    I have no idea how close London and Brighton are.

    ReplyDelete