Wednesday 10 June 2009

Surprises In The Mail And New Work To See

A couple of weeks back, I took part in 'find-the-hidden-theme' contest, courtesy of Studio Haus and I won!!! So today I was overexcited to receive my gift in the mail...look how cute these two envelopes look!!!


I miss proper, old-fashioned letters...Don't get me wrong, I love technology and all its wonderful conveniences, but I miss handwritten words and smelling the paper on old letters and books. (yes I know that's quirky :)) I wish letter-writing made a comeback..
Also, I finally finished a new painting today, and I am very happy with the way it turned out!!! I apologize for the crummy photo, but my camera simply won't cooperate with me today...I will scan it later on and come back with (much more clear) details tomorrow!

The Candy Cane Field, Acrylics on canvas, 10 x 12 in.


2 comments:

  1. You are lucky to win these super-cute cards!

    And I really like your new painting, the scene is beautiful and dreamy and the colour you gave to the hair and eyes of the girl gives it a very special feel... really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cute. so lucky to have won them!

    Lovely new painting too... I like to imagine what a candy cane field must smell like....yummy!

    ReplyDelete